Monday, July 25, 2011

Where has the time gone?

Really-- where has the time gone?!  Today marks my youngest son's 1st year of life!  It seems like just yesterday I was pregnant with him, in labor with him, bringing him home from the hospital, and more.  Time truly flies, and without warning.  I know that there are so many minutes in an hour, so many in a day, so many days in  a week, month, and year.  But still, I never really think about how the days are passing by and all the life changes that happen, until "bigger" things come about, such as birthdays.

We had Ephraim's 1st birthday party yesterday.  As Eric's family is in Tennessee, and my so-called family is not a part of my life (long story, not worth telling), we invited all the people who have been a part of Ephraim's life so far.  Denise, Rosie, and Ronica (and her two young girls) came-- they are a part of the only true family I have.  We also had some old friends (ones that have been my friends forever), new friends (mostly from our centering pregnancy group), and co-workers who are always there for us arrive and share in our baby boy's 1st birthday.  I am so glad that we have such supportive and caring people in our lives!


As I reflect on the past year, I start reflecting on the past 12, or 13 really.  My oldest boy is 12.  Now that makes me feel old!  I'm thinking I am going to write up my birth experience with each boy soon.  What a trip down memory lane that will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment