Monday, October 3, 2011

Past Meals

In a recent post, I said I was going to start posting cooking/baking stuff.  So, here is the first one.


So, about a week ago or so, we had cheese, steak, and pepper sandwiches with a side of zucchini "chips".   I took some pictures knowing I wanted to start blogging about cooking and baking, but forgot shortly after!  So, here they are.  Nothing fancy, just a craving and last minute throw together meal.   (My camera sucks, as does my ability to take pictures, so I apologize for the terrible shots.)

 Zucchini "Chips":Photobucket


The dinner plate:
Photobucket




I have another (little) "chef" in my house.  Last night, Bretton cooked dinner.  I try to let him chose a meal once a week or so to make.   He always does a great job, even when the meals sound sort-of "crazy".  This time he chose stuffed chicken breasts (stuffed with stuffing), mashed potatoes, corn, and broccoli.  We've never had them before so this was a new process for both of us.  He didn't want a recipe to go off, either!  He made the meal himself, while I supervised.  The only thing I did was cut the breasts in half for him.

He chose to bread the chicken first.  Then he cooked them for about a half hour at 400*, and stuffed them after.  He then put them back in the oven for another 10 minutes.  They came out really good and will be added to our rotating menu!  Here's a few pictures of the meal.

The stuffed chicken breasts:Photobucket


The dinner plate:
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment