Friday, March 9, 2012

Appointments

Wednesday was our "38 week appointment", though by our calculations, it should have been our 40 week one.  I had the midwife check me, and I am 3 cm dilated with a very soft cervix.  I asked for a fetal weight as I fear a large baby.  Not fear as in afraid to have one-- just that I think this baby is larger than my other two and I want to be prepared for the possibility, considering with Ephraim they wanted to do a c-section if he was bigger than 9.5 pounds, as I had a difficult time with Bretton who was 9.  So, the next day we went for a fetal weight.  The baby is measuring at about 41 weeks (when doctor says we were actually at 38w4d).  Baby's weight was 8 pounds 11 ounces.  Boy, do I hope that is a high estimate and not a low one!

Again, the baby wouldn't show us a profile!  :(  Stubborn kid we have on our hands, apparently!  But that is alright-- soon enough we can admire it all we want!  I hope that day is sooner rather than later.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment