Thursday, March 1, 2012

Whoa-- I'm bad at this...

I know you already know it, but I am seriously horrible at this blogging thing!  I swear I have every intention to update it on at least a weekly basis, but when I think of it I am too tired, or don't have two free hands because Ephraim insists that my arms belong to him. 

Anyway, this is just a quick update.  I am due to have my baby in 17 days, but of course s/he will come in their own time.  I am excited and nervous.  I am scared and worried about how Ephraim is going to handle a few days without me and the thought of it makes me cry.  Mostly because he isn't an easy child and doesn't take well to other people-- even people he knows.  Eric and I have discussed it with Bretton, and he knows that as hard as it will be, he will be "in charge" of Ephraim even with an adult to help.  We feel bad to place such a huge burden on Bretton, but when your child doesn't handle different situations or people very well, you do what you have to do.  Eric and I have talked a lot about it and we decided that on top of the "big brother" gift that the baby gives Bretton (something we had done when we had Ephraim, and will now do for both boys when we have this one), we are going to do something a bit bigger for him.  We aren't sure yet, but I am thinking maybe a large gift card to Walmart so he can buy X-Box games or points, or whatever he wants. 

I am hoping for a weekend baby, so that there are people who can help.  I am also hoping for a daytime labor, so that if Bretton ends up alone with Ephraim, I won't worry too much about them.  I just don't want them home alone at night.  Eric is hoping for a daytime labor, because they say that night born babies mix up their days and nights more than day born babies.  I don't know if that is proven or not, but I'll go with it. 

Anyway, the baby is doing well, moving around, hurting me.  Haha.  The pregnancy has been tough the past few weeks though and I have finished work earlier than I planned.  I'm having a hard time moving and lower back pain is increasing.  I found out I am more anemic than I thought and need to take iron, which makes me ill.  :( 

All in all, this baby can come just about any time.  I think we are all fairly ready, other than the few odds and ends that need to be done around the house.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment