Monday, July 9, 2012

Insert title here...

First, let me apologize up front for any errors.  I am nursing Lorelai right now and it can be hard to do and type at the same time. 

I have been so busy with life and the stress of it that I haven't had much of a chance to write.  I know I always say I am going to try harder, but never end up being able to keep up on it.  So, I am going to do my best to not promise to do better since I have no idea how to go about doing so.  Ha.  I do want to integrate a new theme, if you will, into my blog though.  Besides talking about my every day life, I want to focus more on being a parent-- my children, my views, etc.  I also want to focus on a new journey.  I need to lose weight and I need to get my family in a better and healthier lifestyle.  So, I am going to try to blog about my progress, steps we are making, new recipes we are trying, etc.  I will post my weight and inches lost each week (as I remember to do so) and my goals as time goes on.

My first goal is to use this week to go through my cabinets to see what we have on hand for food, make menus using what we have on hand, and grocery shopping accordingly.  I want to try to use up the foods that we have on hand before we do a complete overhaul of our diets.  Ephraim doesn't eat meat, Bretton isn't a huge vegatable fan, Eric eats a lot of pasta and carbs, and I eat whatever is easiest with 2 young children-- including but not limited to, a lot of cereal, ramen, and chocolate.  (Honestly, I was never a huge junk food eater until recently.  I'm not sure if it is related to the depo shot, but I think it is, and will be discussing it with my doctor soon!)

Eric and I plan to go with "real" food, as often as possible.  I have a lot of recipes in mind, and have done a lot of reading up on "real" food.  My favorite place right now regarding this is 100daysofrealfood.com -- check it out!

So, as I go through the kitchen cabinets this week I will do my best to update where I am at, and this weekend will be my first weigh in.  I am honestly scared and ashamed to put it out there, but I am hoping it will help keep me more accountable.  I don't have many followers, if any, but just writing it out, knowing someone might read it, is motivation enough-- I hope!  If you are reading and don't mind, please leave me comments once in awhile, just so I know I have (a) reader(s) and support.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Good luck!

    Every few months I try to clean out the cabinets and make meals out of what I find. If I'm lucky, it's enough to last us a week, though it's usually some funky matched up foods! I should really do that again...

    ReplyDelete