Friday, February 5, 2010

And so it goes

So, it is around 8:30pm and my husband is already in bed.  He actually went in about an hour ago.  He worked his first night shift last night, and though he slept some today, it wasn't enough.  You could see the exhaustion in his facial expression and movements.  I hope he sleeps well tonight as he has to get up at 7 to go to his CNA class.  But, all in all, I think he enjoyed working and is looking forward to having a job and contributing to our financial needs.

My son was supposed to go to basketball tomorrow, but since we don't have a ride he will have to miss it. Again.  So far this season he has only made it to every other game and there are only like 2 more before play-offs.  I sure hope we get a car soon or someone can bring us to the rest of the games.

As I sit here typing, my son and two of his friends are laying in bed watching a movie.  They wanted to stay up and be loud, playing Nerf dart guns and stuff, but I had to put an end to that when the hubby went to bed.  Which, to be honest, I'm not disappointed that they had to stop.  It was loud and annoying and I am too tired to deal with all the ruckus.  I want to go to bed now, but feel like I should stay up a bit longer to make sure the boys are all set for the night and so on.

The last two days at work have been different.  The student I usually work with for most of the day has been out so I did a lot of photocopying, reading up on some fraction material, helping some other students and other odds and ends.  It was quite different, but nice at the same time.  I wonder what next week will have in store, especially with it being a 4 day week, since Friday the school is having a Winter Fun Day.  February break starts right after, so I'm expecting the students to get more and more antsy as the week progresses.

Anyway, I am off for tonight.  My back, hips and sciatic nerve are aching and sitting here any longer may kill me!  Time to get this 15 week along (unborn) baby and myself to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment