Thursday, August 16, 2012

Purging is bitter-sweet

So, the last few days have been spent doing normal mommy things, like feeding, changing, playing with babies, and so on.  But Eric and I also have spent the last few days trying to get things done around here.  We want to get rid of some stuff, since we have tons and don't use it nearly that often, if at all.  It will also help us when it comes time to move again.  So, we started with the living room.  There is a couch we have that we hardly use at all, so we decided to move it out of the living room and store it in the kitchen (there is space!) until we move and know if we will have a place for a game room.  If we do, it will go in the game room, if we don't it will be junked.

After moving the couch, we decided to do a bit of rearranging.  I am home with the youngest 2 a lot with no one else to help, so we decided to put Ephraim's bedroom into the corner of the living room that he was already using as his toy/play area.  So, the treadmill went in place of the couch, and his twin bed is in front of that with his toy boxes, book shelf, and TV.  It seems weird in a way-- to have a bedroom in the living room, but it isn't bad at all and helps me tremendously!  Now I don't have to go check on him every two minutes to find out what he is into, which is usually Bretton's belongings.  I don't have to worry about him playing in the window, falling off Bretton's bed, trashing the bedroom, etc.  He doesn't seem to mind too much, though he has tried to go to Bretton's room a few times and looks around with an inquisitive look!

Once Ephraim's room and the living room were in order, I needed to tackle Bretton's room.  I don't normally clean B's room as I feel that at 13 years old he should be doing it on his own.  But, he hasn't been home for a few weeks, I wanted to give it a good cleaning and make sure things were actually thrown out, etc.  I am so glad I did!  Let's just say we are going to be coming up with a new chore chart that is going to focus on his room and many aspects of cleaning it!  But, after about 2 hours in there, we got it cleaned, his bed made up, clothes organized (at least E's-- as his stuff will still be in there), movies organized, and his game table put in.  We are hoping he is happy with the changes, but we will see! 

Now, we need to still do the kitchen, the bathroom, our bedroom, and the attic.  I wanted to get to the kitchen today while Eric is at work, but I just don't see it happening.  Every time I go out there Ephraim wants me.  So, I think I will do some of it tonight after Eric gets home.  I hate cleaning, but am really looking forward to having it done and seeing the progress/difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment